Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sugar Day 8

Today is day 8 of my no sugar quest!  Some days are better than others.  I ran a 5K Saturday and had a Gatorade, I didn't even think about to check the sugar until after I drank the whole thing! Sunday at dinner with the family I enjoyed myself a slice of pumpkin pie.  But its all good... I have not given up and I am plugging away. 

Friday I had a conversation with a group of people that kind of opened my eyes.  I was discussing my attempt to cut sugar out of my diet.  One person sitting at the table began to say how they also try to not eat sugar in their diet. In the meantime they are sitting there eating a piece of apple pie!  One of the other people sitting with me at the table brought up the fact that this person was eating the piece of pie and they excused eating the pie as ok because it was mostly fruit!



Its is amazing to me to how much we will make excuses to make ourselves feel better about our bad choices.  The pie is mostly fruit, I will work harder in exchange for eating crappy!  FOR REAL?!?!  Why don't we just say how it is, I ate the pie because I wanted to eat it, I am not really going to work harder I just want to make myself feel better now about eating crappy.  

Honesty I have struggled with making the right choices when I am alone because, I am alone. I know the right choices to make but I have that little voice in the back of my head telling me, it is ok to eat something because no one is there to see me... the only problem with that is, I am only hurting myself!!  Yes, I don't have the accountability when I am by myself but it is not about doing the right thing only when people are there to critique what I do.  It is what I do when no one is watching me when I am truly learning my lesson.  It is ok to eat something off every now and again, just don't let it become an every day occurrence, deal with your decisions and don't let it hold you back from continuing on with your journey!  

No comments:

Post a Comment