Monday, January 24, 2011

I will survive

I have finished 2 weeks of my nutrition plan!  Yeah!!  I have to tell you, I feel amazing!  I can not tell you that I am not craving foods or have been totally 100% on it but I am doing pretty darn good if I say so myself. 



The first week was not the most pleasant.  I discovered on day 1 that I don't particularly like sugar snap peas!  But because of the way I plan my meals, eating the same thing for the whole week I had to eat them the rest of the week.  Although Thursday of that week I discovered if I separated the peas from the pod and ate them separately it was much more texturally pleasing.  My sugar craving was pretty intense for the first 3 days and I was pretty groggy and crappy.  However waking up on Friday I felt like a totally new person, rested and ready to take on the world!

When it came to getting ready to plan the next weeks meals and grocery shopping it quickly became evident I didn't plan as well as I though.  Although the menu was a great plan it had tomatoes, avocados, and fresh berries.  As most of y'all know avocados and fresh berries are not the cheapest out of season and tomatoes just taste gross out of season!  After my last post I had a few friends mention to me the eat clean diet and they talked about how great the plan was.  So I took a trek to my local Barnes and Noble and plopped down in a comfy chair with the eat clean books.  After reading through the book and perusing the cookbook I purchased them both.

The next weeks meals were more budget friendly and still healthy.  I was skeptical of the authors suggestion of bee pollen in my morning oatmeal but I gave it a shot.  With the addition of the bee pollen and flax seed it was not all aesthetically pleasing as the end result resembled a bowl of stone ground mustard!  It does have a funny taste but I got used to it pretty quick and it isn't too bad now.  First snack was chicken and green beans, lunch chicken over romaine lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lemon and half a sweet potato, snack pear and protein shake and dinner was suppose to be baked cod with steamed bok choy and half a sweet potato.



I have discovered, after keeping a log of what I eat and what times, I don't eat in the evenings.  I do really great during the day, my meals are all planned out, every 2 and a half hours. I drink plenty of water. When I come home though my 5th meal falls right when I workout.  After I workout the thought of food is not appetizing at all.  And with fish being my last meal I couldn't make it too far ahead and I don't really feel like cooking in the evenings after working all day and a workout... (Oh the wonderful life of being single, I don't HAVE to make dinner). :)  So this week I am going to focus on getting in food in the evenings. Especially after a workout because it is really important to get protein and nutrients in after a hard workout. 

So overall I have stuck with the plan.  Today at lunch there were pop-tarts on the counter at work and I was tempted to get one... I don't even like pop-tarts!  So the sugar cravings aren't completely gone but it is easier to resist and think about the positives I am doing for my health and well being!  Oh and positive part too, in the 2 weeks I have been eating healthier I have lost 13 pounds!!  Whoo Hoo!!  2 weeks down... the rest of my life to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment