Thursday, April 21, 2011

What is my motivation?


Why am I working on losing weight? I used to say its because I don't want to be fat.  Although I am still big, I don't necessarily see myself as fat anymore.  So why do I want to keep going? I am not satisfied where I am at and I know that I have so much more potential if I keep going, I just have to find my "why". 

After having a conversation with my trainer about my lack of motivation she gave me some advice.  First, get rid of my scale.  That number many times hangs over my head and putting that number in my face every week is not encouraging me to keep going.  So I put my scale under my bed.  Even though I didn't get rid of it, I have put it in a place where I can not easily jump on and check myself.  Next, I know what I need to do, food and exercise wise, so it is just a matter of doing it no matter what.

The thing about our conversation that had the most impact for me though was she told me, if I can't find what it is inside me that I want to keep going for, then keep going for her.  WOAH, so if that isn't a kick in the pants I don't know what one is!!  I know, especially if you read this blog, that you have some sort of connection to me or find inspiration by my story. I never truly connected that my "cheerleaders" can be my motivation to not quit.  So in as much as I inspire and motivate you, I am using you all as my motivation.  Now that is accountability!!



I am sure once I get my head back in the game and on track I will be able to find more goals to strive for and reach.  For now though, I am going for you, because you see me as an inspiration and I don't want to let you down.  I have gotten so many  "you go girl", "keep it up" and other words of encouragement... so I am gonna do just that... keep it up!! One foot in front of the other, and soon I will be back running and inspiring more to join me

And just as another motivator to keep one foot in front of the other, I decided to get a new pair of running shoes to inspire me to get out there again and run!  So here's to new motivation, new beginnings and new shoes!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment