Monday, May 2, 2011

Step by step

I have been working on staying on track and have found that I still have to constantly remind myself to keep going.  Quitting would be the easy thing to do at this point.  With each step forward though, I feel like I am gaining some confidence back. 

I went for a run in my new shoes last week and felt pretty good.  In my workouts I have been trying to step it up a bit and push myself to not stop during my exercises. When I went for my run last week there as another runner running the same route as me.  I felt a little disheartened when he passed me a second time going the same direction as me.  I had to remind myself though that I have all you guys motivating me. It doesn't matter that the other runner was twice as fast as me, all that matters is I had my butt outside and I was doing it.



So many times I compare my journey to the people around me.  This person lost more weight than me and that person is losing it faster than me.  But this is my journey and by comparing myself to what others have accomplished will only hurt me.  I can only compare myself to myself.  I know what I have accomplished and what I can do to improve.  I am fighting my way back into the race and running to make a difference. 


By the way, I have yet to get on the scale to check if I have gained or lost any weight.  It stresses me out a bit but I need to just focus on making healthy decisions and not let the scale determine my success in the decisions I make. 

Thanks everyone for your support, and motivation. I will not let you down, I promise!

P.S. I have had some inquiries about being able to get an e-mail showing when I update my blog.  I have found a way to do that so if you are interested there is a link on the left side of the page where you can enter your e-mail address.  There will be an e-mail sent to your inbox and once you confirm your e-mail you will receive a direct e-mail with my updated blog posts!  Feel free to share with anyone whom you think my story will help motivate and inspire.   

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to remember that getting healthy is about how you feel, and what you can do, and not about the numbers. You are so motivating to me Emily. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so right on, Emily. It's exactly what I have to remind myself.

    Congrats on stepping back in the race! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete